List of changes for Schweitzer's 2012-13 winter season | Business
Visitors to Schweitzer Mountain can expect some changes this upcoming 2012-13 season. A news release from the resort says they’re putting in about $1 million in capital improvements to the facility.
Some of the changes include improvements to the mountain’s lifts and adjustments in the facility’s amenities. Here’s a list of some of those changes:
- The resort is doubling the size of their Gourmandie market. New seating will accommodate future wine tastings.
- The beginner lift, Musical Chairs, will have a new variable speed drive with new chairs for easier loading. The resorts hopes the new chairs will increase skier capacity.
- The Great Escape Quad is having its electrical system redesigned to make it more reliable.
- A new floor plan is expected for the Ski and Ride Center, moving “The Source” retail shop to the south side of the building.
- The exterior of the Mill Building has new cosmetic changes to match other structures.
- Visitors will be able to rent Surly Pugsley snow bikes during the winter season for the resort’s cross-country trail system. Routes have yet to be determined.